BOTTLED

  • “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. Dr. Suess

Monday, July 4, 2011

INDEPENDENCE DAY

The birthday of the United States of America is celebrated July 4th.


 In 1776, 13 colonies in North America joined together to declare independence from all other governments and nations. The United States of America began a form of government that continues now, 235 years later.

This 'constitutional republic' is one of the world's first, if not the first, modern national government of this kind. Those living in the United States enjoy many freedoms and rights found in no other place.  

My deepest and most cherished beliefs, and  most of yours - though you may believe differently and cherish ideals I do not,
 are protected and allowed.

Each person is allowed "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".
This form of government derives it power from those it governs. 

I was born in Canada. 
I live in the United States of America.

I believe every person has a duty and obligation to actively participate in government.  Becoming an American citizen permits me this privilege.  Rights and privileges = duty and obligations.

"I pledge allegiance to ... liberty and justice for all"  

No comments:

Post a Comment