BOTTLED

  • “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. Dr. Suess

Saturday, June 26, 2010

WORDS

While my 3 older children were in high school Tad told me that, "Fair is the four letter 'F' word."

Tad, I think you are correct; it is a four letter 'F' word.

One of the first things most of us learn in life is that many things are decidedly unfair.

Many words have 4 letters.

If a word has 5 letters or 6 letters - or more - can it have greater power? Some people think so. Others think 1 and 2 letter words do. I have been thinking about words a lot lately - how they hurt or help us. Especially the words we say to ourselves and about ourselves in the privacy of our own mind.

Words. 
There are those we say out loud and those we think. 
Each has phenomenal power.

The Bible tells us in John 1:1-5

   1 In the beginning was the Word, 
       and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
   2 The same was in the beginning with God.
   3 All things were made by him; 
       and without him was not any thing made that was made.
   4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
   5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Words can give light or bring darkness, healing or hurt, hope or despair.

I sincerely desire that my words heal me - and you, 
    help me - and you, lift me - and you. 
Lift us up to hope and the light,
    healing and help that comes only from 'The Word.'


No comments:

Post a Comment